Saturday, Good Friends and Wine
In the UK we are having bizarre weather. Today was sunny, then chilly, then sunny, then hailstones.
Lesley and I met and headed off to Spitalfields market for a browse and a mooch about. I have had a shocking week and the first thing we did was get ourselves seated at the Real Greek and we ordered a nice bottle of wine. Whilst we ate a fabulous meal we put the world to rights, and, in a quiet moment, I found myself realising something random about myself that I hadn’t consciously known before.
I am sure I have spent more time than the average person navel gazing, I am always meditating and learning new things and I’ve seen Runaway Bride with Julia Roberts so I know it is important to know your own mind and particularly important, you need to know how you like your eggs.
Having said all that I have learned a lot of things about myself in recent times:
- In a film about my life story I would choose Julia Roberts for the lead
- Yellow draws me in like a moth, I particularly adore yellow sweet things, and anything lemony
- Fun is more important to me at work than money
- I really don’t like being alone
- My favourite kind of food is barbeque, i.e., meat, fish, salad
- If friends are not to hand to cheer you up, housework/karaoke/loud music/knitting/gardening/rolling on stash yarn/looking at knitting books/decent bath stuff/a loyal and sturdy cat are good for making you feel better about almost anything
- My Grandparents were right about how to live
- Chocolate is an essential vitamin and is required daily in order for humans to survive
- Change is okay, changing your mind is fine, feel free to adapt
- Being independent is the most satisfying achievement of all